“In a community, it’s better for every person to have a little of something than for one person to have nothing.” – African proverb
- When there are appropriate consequences to actions, we help to create a fair community for all concerned.
- Why is it better for every person to have a little? Why do you think that this is not the case in many societies? Are there cases in which ‘one person has everything’ in our society today? Explain your answer.
- History has shown that there are definitely people who want to have everything. What are the safeguards in society that keep things fair?
- There is the opinion that the reason some people in society do not have much is because of poor choices they made in the past. Is this a fair assumption? Why or why not?
- What is the difference between a minimum wage and a living wage?
- Is it fair for working people to be paid a minimum wage that is not a living wage? Is it fair to employers? Explain your responses.