The biggest celebration of character in the world
First declared “National CHARACTER COUNTS! Week” in 1993, the U.S. President, U.S. Senate, state governors, and officials around the world proclaim the third week in October as CHARACTER COUNTS! Week as a time to highlight character education and the importance of modeling good character. And every year millions of kids in dozens of countries participate.
Don’t forget to use #CharacterCountsWeek in your social media posts.
School Resources (in-person and virtual)
- Elementary school celebration ideas
- Middle school/junior high celebration ideas
- High school celebration ideas
- Book read along
- CHARACTER COUNTS! Week planning ideas (courtesy of Downey Unified School District)
- K-12 celebration ideas (courtesy of CITRS)
- What to do after CHARACTER COUNTS! Week
Support Our Mission!
Every dollar you donate is doubled this week! Visionary founder of CHARACTER COUNTS!, Michael Josephson, has generously offered to match every dollar donated during #CharacterCountsWeek up to $10,000! Make a donation today to show your support for character development, ethical leadership, and civility.
CHARACTER COUNTS! Week Spotlight
Would you light to showcase your school? Tell us about your CHARACTER COUNTS! initiative or CHARACTER COUNTS! Week plans and photos.
- Downey Unified School District (CA)
- Harvey Austin Elementary School (NY)
- Saint Andrew’s School (Bolivia)
- Tulare County (CA)
Share Your Ideas!
- Click here to tell us about your CHARACTER COUNTS! Week activities!
- School Principal Allison Box, from Downey, CA shares why her school celebrates CHARACTER COUNTS! Week: