Schools who meet Exemplary School guidelines should experience positive outcomes from their CHARACTER COUNTS! program and will be recognized for their exceptional work.
To achieve Exemplary recognition, schools will be evaluated on the following:
- Training: providing ongoing CHARACTER COUNTS! professional development for school/district staff
- Assessment: collect data on implementation and impact of CHARACTER COUNTS! program
- Sustainability: Have an active CC! Implementation plan including demonstrated utilization of CC! curricular resources and other CC! lessons
Moreover, we would like exemplary schools to be willing to host site visits and/or participate in case studies to showcase and share the best-practices established at their school or district.
Most importantly, schools or districts who take all the steps to be exemplary should experience an improvement in school culture and climate, impacting student character development, academic performance, and social/emotional skills.
Recognition: Schools who meet the criteria for exemplary status receive the following:
- Recognition banner to display at your school (provided by CHARACTER COUNTS!)
- Permission to use an exclusive Exemplary CC! School logo
- School/District featured in CC! Coalition Newsletter
- School/District listed on the CC! website
- School/District highlight on CC! Social Media
How to Apply
Schools must apply for exemplary status annually using the Exemplary CHARACTER COUNTS! program application form. Each application will be evaluated by CHARACTER COUNTS! staff, and organizations found to be in good standing will be recognized as Exemplary. There is no cost to submit an application. Schools will be notified of the outcome within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
To apply to be an Exemplary School or an Exemplary District, click here to fill out an application.
Applications are reviewed quarterly and submission deadlines are: March 31, July 31, September 30, December 31.
Please email us or call 515-271-1910 or with any questions.
Downey Unified School District, Downey, CA