To achieve Exemplary recognition, schools/districts will be evaluated on the following:
- Training: provide ongoing CHARACTER COUNTS! professional development for school/district staff.
- Assessment: collect data on implementation and impact of CHARACTER COUNTS! program.
- Sustainability: have an active CC! Implementation plan including demonstrated utilization of CC! curricular resources and other CC! lessons.
We would like exemplary schools/districts to be willing to host site visits and/or participate in case studies to showcase and share the best-practices established at their school or district.
Most importantly, schools or districts that take all the steps to be exemplary should experience an improvement in school culture and climate, impacting student character development, academic performance, and social/emotional skills.
Recognition: Schools/districts who meet the criteria for exemplary status receive the following:
- Recognition banner to display at your school/district (provided by CHARACTER COUNTS!)*
- Permission to use an exclusive Exemplary CC! School logo
- School/District featured in CC! Coalition Newsletter
- School/District listed on the CC! website
- School/District highlight on CC! Social Media
*One free banner awarded per school or district. Additional banners are available for $99.
How to Apply
Schools must apply for exemplary status annually using the Exemplary CHARACTER COUNTS! program application form. Each application is evaluated by CHARACTER COUNTS! staff and organizations found to be in good standing will be recognized as Exemplary. There is no cost to submit an application. Schools will be notified of the outcome within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
To apply to be an Exemplary School or an Exemplary District, click here to fill out an application.
The CHARACTER COUNTS! team reviews applications quarterly and submission deadlines are March 31, July 31, September 30, December 31.
Please email us or call 515-271-1910 or with any questions.