One of the desired life skills of CHARACTER COUNTS! is positivity. It means choosing to be optimistic, enthusiastic, hopeful, and cheerful. We want to help you to enhance or create a more positive place for students to learn and teachers to teach.
But, being positive doesn’t mean ignoring the negative. Being positive means overcoming the negative. There is a big difference.
With CHARACTER COUNTS!, we want to help you to enhance or create a more positive place for students to learn and teachers to teach.
“Don’t mistake culture as only being about donuts and jeans day. That may help climate in the short term, but culture is about long term. It’s about relationships, the way we treat one another, taking risks without repercussions, loving kids, and so much more.”
-Jimmy Casas, educator
- Why does a positive climate mean for our school?
- What makes for a positive climate?
- What can be some of the difficulties associated with creating or enhancing our school climate?
- What is the difference between school climate and school culture?
- What can we do at our school to enhance or create a positive school climate?
Hear more from Gary on Twitter – @GSmit4Character