20 Jul Wheel One: Academic
The first wheel of success focuses on the values, attitudes, mindsets, and skills that assist each student reach his/her intellectual and academic potential. Educational outcomes embodied in the academic dimension of the CHARACTER COUNTS! 5.0 Student Development Workshop (SDW) addresses all essential dimensions of the Common Core standards on cognitive and intellectual development.
The objective of this aspect of the CHARACTER COUNTS! 5.0 Student Development Workshop (SDW) is to help each student:
- Achieve college and career readiness goals.
- Improve performance on standardized tests.
- Implant a love of and commitment to lifelong learning and self-improvement.
- Increase the high school graduation rate and percentage of students who pursue advanced education.
- Promote commitment to academic integrity to prevent cheating and plagiarism.
- Instill a growth mindset that increases persistence in the face of difficulties, confusion and failure.
- Develop progressively complex cognitive and critical thinking skills.
- Improve proficiency in decision making and problem solving.
- Stimulate creativity.