- During four years of CHARACTER COUNTS! implementation, annual district API scores improved 5%. -Downey, CA
- Number of failing grades reduced by 26%. -Riverside Brookfield High, IL
Social and Emotional
- Verbal altercations down 68%. -Riverside Brookfield High, IL
- 88% of teachers say students are more emotionally and physically safe as a result of CHARACTER COUNTS! -Puerto Rico
- Students reporting that they do not feel safe at school reduced from 56% to 50%. – Tulare Western High School, CA
- Physical violence reported as a problem by students, down 30%. -Monte Vista Elementary, CA
- School principals report an 85% increase in students treating each other with greater kindness. -Puerto Rico
- 96% of parents say that CHARACTER COUNTS! is a valuable part of the school. -Downey, CA
What We’re Hearing
CHARACTER COUNTS! gives my school the opportunity to use different resources to help guide young men in making good decisions. CHARACTER COUNTS! works for my school because the engaging topics to support what
having great character is all about.
-Phillip, Athens, AL
CHARACTER COUNTS! provides our school district and community with a common framework to positively reinforce the behaviors we want to see in our youth.
-Scott, Glenview, IL
CHARACTER COUNTS! gives my school the opportunity to do monthly assemblies focusing on a pillar and sharing ways we can be “kids of character”. These assemblies are led by our 5th graders and we also do buddy activities together. Our school has been using CHARACTER COUNTS! for years, and it is embedded in our school.
-Wendy, Fargo, ND
I appreciate that CHARACTER COUNTS! is a framework. We are able to incorporate the supports to strengthen what we have in place for our students, building and district.
– Julie, Dallas Center, IA
We have been a CHARACTER COUNTS! District for almost 20 years. From the beginning, it has provided the platform for important conversations with children and families. CC! gives us a common language. It provides our faculty and staff with the tools necessary to help shape the heart, mind, and soul of the next generation here in GASD.
-Robert, Greencastle, PA
CHARACTER COUNTS! gives my school the opportunity to teach students to make the best possible decisions when it comes to ethical dilemmas. This creates a more positive school climate for students and teachers alike.
CHARACTER COUNTS! is such an integral part of what we exemplify here at North Pike Elementary. We were excited to offer this specific training to several of our new facility members, so they could become more immersed in our CHARACTER COUNTS! overall program. We are looking forward to sharing A Parent’s Guide to Teaching Good Character at our winter Parent Night. Our faculty sees the difference we can make in a young child’s life by sharing the values of CHARACTER COUNTS! on a daily basis with each and every student entrusted to our care. And thank you for allowing Allie Gardner to present this training. She truly has a heart for this program and how it can change a child’s perspective on life by implementing these positive values.
-Glenda, Summit, MS
10-Year Study Shows Staggering Improvements in Student Attendance & Expulsions District-wide.
Downey, California — Downey Unified School District recently released their 10-year findings showing a dramatic 25-year low in suspensions and high marks from both students and parents on the use of CHARACTER COUNTS! within their schools. Year after year, it is believed that our CHARACTER COUNTS! has played an integral role in these results in addition to improving school safety, student morale, engagement and high school graduation rates.
CHARACTER COUNTS! promotes:
- The Six Pillars of Character
- Social-emotional growth
- Positive school climate
- School safety
- Anti-bullying strategies
- Academic competency
This case study outlines how Hinsdale High School implemented CHARACTER COUNTS! and the impact of the program.