Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Character Counts?
Character Counts! is a framework using the Six Pillars of Character and the Four Wheels of Success to create a positive school climate. This is not a curriculum. It’s a powerful means to advance your school’s curricular goals.
- What does Character Counts training entail?
Over the course of three days we help you identify and create teachable moments that will affect the way students see their place in the world. We provide the training, evaluation, support and coaching, along with the resources to create the most complete package of its kind.
- Do I need to go to training?
It is highly encouraged and recommended that individuals attend a three-day training as they are designed to jump-start your implementation efforts. We instruct you on how to create workable, sustainable goals using the Six Pillars in every aspect of your school community.
- How can I start Character Counts! in my school/organization, what’s the best way to get started?
The most critical component of an effective CHARACTER COUNTS! initiative is our certificated comprehensive 3-day training. Persons completing this course will be certified as CHARACTER COUNTS! Champions, authorized to conduct internal in-service training and administer school or organization-wide implementations.
- Does the curriculum teach you Character Counts?
The curriculum is designed to help you implement and support character education. In our training we show you how to seamlessly weave character messages and themes into your state-aligned curriculum!
- Is it necessary to send a team to training?
It’s not necessary, but we have found that maximum impact is greatest, in terms of sustainability, when there’s a team who can work together to implement your organizations CC! initiative.
- How much does the program cost?
The price of the program varies depending on your goals and objectives. If you wish to send a team of 3 or more to an open Student Development Seminar, prices start at $466 per person. If you would prefer an onsite seminar, prices start at $15,000. Please give us a call for a quote that best fits your organization.
- What are the Four Wheels of Success and how do they differ from The Six Pillar of Character?
The Four Wheels of Success are identified in The Josephson Institute’s Model Standards for Academic, Social, Emotional and Character Development. This fully integrated student development framework incorporates the most critical research findings and current theories from all major research and evidence-based strategies in order to instill academic, social, emotional and ethical values, mindsets and character traits to help students. The Six Pillars of Character are just one component of the program.
- Purchase Order. Please fax your purchase order to 310-846-4858, or email it to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the Item Number for each item, the Shipping Cost and the Sales Tax, if applicable, so that missing information will not delay your order. You can get the shipping costs and options by placing your items into a cart and then entering your delivery address in the Checkout page. Please do not actually place the order online.
- Check (by mail). You may use our online ordering system for orders which will be paid by check. At checkout, select the “Check via mail” payment option. Orders cannot be fulfilled until we have received your check. Please make check out to CHARACTER COUNTS! and mail to CHARACTER COUNTS! 8117 W Manchester Ave, #830, Playa del Rey, CA 90293
- Credit Card Online Payment. The fastest and easiest way to order our products is using our secure online payment checkout system. We gladly accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards.
RETURNS/REFUNDS POLICY ON PRODUCTS
- Returns/exchanges can be made no later than four (4) weeks from delivery date for credit toward materials from our store. Delivery date is determined by the delivery method provided.
- Please plan ahead in placing orders so you can open and confirm delivered materials within the four-week time period. This policy applies year-round, even during summer months when schools are not in session. If you are ordering for a school, please confirm receipt of your order if it arrives when school is out.
- Items sold in sets, packs or kits cannot be returned separately; the entire set/pack/kit must be returned.
- Unless you immediately report to us that materials were damaged in shipping, all items must be returned in resale condition as determined by Character Counts.
- Shipping/handling charges are non-refundable.
- All orders will be considered to be correct, complete and to have been received in good condition unless we are notified to the contrary within 4 weeks of receipt, as determined by delivery records.
- We cannot be responsible for duplication of orders submitted more than once. Please do not fax or email your order if an original will be mailed to us. If you submit an order more than one time and the order is duplicated, you will be responsible for either paying for the merchandise or for shipping it back to us via a carrier with full tracking, and will be responsible for any damaged merchandise. Please call us if you need to verify receipt of an order.
- All digital music sales are final once downloaded from our server, though we will provide you with a replacement for sales of defective music products.
Any and all returns must be made within four (4) weeks from delivery date. Orders paid by credit card can be refunded only as a credit to the card used. A refund is available only if one of the following conditions is met:
- Delivered materials are damaged. Refunds will be issued only for the damaged items.
- Materials are delivered after promised date. This applies only to orders with expedited shipping.
- Items are unused and unopened and deemed by Character Counts to be able to be resold. Connect With Character modules are not returnable.
- Item(s) delivered were not ordered, and item(s) are unused and unopened.
In circumstances other than those specified above, customers may return materials for credit toward other materials if the returned items are in resale condition as determined by Character Counts. In any circumstance where the Character Counts was not at fault, customers are responsible for shipping costs to return the items.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your pending return(s).
- If you have received damaged goods and you believe it is a result of the carrier, please contact Customer Service immediately at 800-711-2670 for instructions.
- We strongly recommend using a return shipping method that has tracking or signature-upon-receipt services as we cannot be responsible for items lost or damaged during return shipment. Please be sure to keep your tracking number in case we do not receive the shipment.
- Return shipments can be sent to:
CHARACTER COUNTS! 1500 W 139th Street, Gardena, CA 90249
- Credits will be issued within 30 days of receipt of returned materials.