THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Your tax-deductible donation will support our various initiatives at the Josephson Institute of Ethics including CHARACTER COUNTS!® youth programs, community projects and Exemplary Policing initiatives. Your donations will help us train, provide resources, and conduct research to inspire and empower educators, coaches, public officials, community leaders and law enforcement professionals who seek to teach and model good character.
These are tumultuous times, and from a character and ethics point of view, it seems that the challenges are mounting. This makes the need for the Institute’s pro-active and practical efforts to improve the ethical quality of society greater than ever. The Institute’s priorities for 2019/2020 are to:
1. Improve school, organizational and community climate by enhancing social and emotional learning based on the nation’s best practices, promoting growth mindset and teaching resiliency.
2. Reduce physical, verbal, relational and cyber bullying in schools by promoting pro-kindness.
3. Infuse The Six Pillars of Character® and the Six Success Skills or performance values into policing practices and assist police agencies and communities form strong bonds of mutual trust and respect.
4. Introduce faith-based versions of CHARACTER COUNTS!® to religious, spiritual and faith-based organizations to safeguard their efforts to instill core values and positive character traits.
We have substantially enhanced the CHARACTER COUNTS!® 5.0 student development workshop and the Josephson Institute’s other training programs for schools, school systems, public officials or community leaders, and law enforcement professionals. We have also developed an array of one-day professional development trainings to meet the specific needs of organizations. We are working to enhance our workshops and programs in the following ways:
• Developing new training materials and resources to meet the individual and unique needs of the organizations we serve.
• Creating new resources and enhancing our already established resources such as our very popular “Way to Go” Journal and student agenda which are keyed to the Model Standards of Academic, Social, Emotional and Character Development.
• Completely revising our Pursuing Victory With Honor (Sports Program) Training Program to incorporate CHARACTER COUNTS!®
• Continuing our commitment to spread CHARACTER COUNTS!® strategies globally.
• Continuing to launch the Exemplary Policing Initiative (Josephson ExemplaryPolicing.org) to assist the law enforcement community improve policing practices and community relations.
I hope this justifies your past donations and encourages your continuing support. If you give whatever you can, we will do whatever we can to make a better world for all of us Our motto is “CHARACTER COUNTS!® EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME!” Together, let’s make it happen!”.