Perspective is powerful so consider having your child interview different citizens within your family and community. Then have them share what they learned about the meaning of citizenship from the different minds and experiences of those around them. This could be a fun way to create a family blog or vlog based on their learning, and/or host a family share night when your child can report out all the wonderful things he or she learned in the process.
- Military members
- Medical professionals
Interview Question Suggestions
- What does citizenship mean to you?
- How do you believe people show good citizenship in your circle of influence?
- What do you love about being a citizen in the community where you play a role (the military, this family, on the police force etc)?
- What is challenging about being a citizen in your community?
- What character traits do you think makes a great citizen?
- What is one piece of advice you have for kids my age about being a citizen?