Digital Citizenship Workshop
Teaching Students to Make Good Choices Online
What are you doing to protect your students from cyberbullying? Are you helping them navigate the wild world of social media so they don’t put themselves or their peers at risk?
This one-day workshop will give you the tools and resources to teach young people about safe and responsible online behavior. With an emphasis on making good choices, this training session shows you how to use The Six Pillars of Character as guideposts on the path to safe, respectful and educational use of technology. Setting up a school-wide digital citizenship program not only benefits students, but can improve the whole climate of your school.
Our workshops walk your team through strategies for identifying problems and implementing solutions that get students and parents involved!
Topics can be customized but typically include:
- What is digital citizenship and how is it related to character education?
- Integrating the Six Pillars of Character with Respect, Educate and Protect (REPs) and the Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship
- Setting up a school-wide program (who is involved, what resources are needed, etc.)
- Involving parents in a school-wide program (members of committee, active in 1:1 deployments, seminars for BYOD)
- Managing your digital footprint
- Best practices: adapting what others are doing for your school
- What to do in your classroom/school right away
Duration: 4-8 hours
Materials: Handouts for all participants
Book it! Email us or call 310-846-4800
Build your path to improvement with CHARACTER COUNTS!
Simply choose a date for an in-service at your desired location and we’ll assign to you one of our nearby trainers who will work with you in tailoring your upcoming workshop or professional development session to fit your exact needs.
Call us at 310-846-4800 to get started or reserve your space!
Prices start at $2,500 for up to 40 participants. A conference call will be scheduled with you training to discuss your desired goals/needs to tailor your upcoming workshop accordingly.