Certificated Student Development Workshops (SDW) – Training Packages
The most critical component of an effective CHARACTER COUNTS! (CC!) student development initiative is our certificated comprehensive 3-day training. Persons completing this course will be certified as CHARACTER COUNTS! Champions, authorized to conduct internal in-service trainings and administer school or organization-wide CC! implementations.
Who Should Attend: Certificated SDW trainings are designed to provide teachers, school administrators, counselors, youth group leaders, youth and social agency workers, police resource officers and others involved in youth education and activities.
Open-Enrollment and Contracted SDWs. CHARACTER COUNTS! offers scheduled open-enrollment courses (see below) as well as closed on-site courses contracted by institutions. Individual and group Enrollments. Though individuals are encouraged to enroll and schools and other youth-serving institutions may enroll one or two persons, CC recommends schools send teams of at least three persons and provides significant enrollment discounts for three or more persons from each school (see below). Experience has demonstrated that effectiveness and sustainability are dramatically increased when at least five persons per school have received certification.
Schools or other institutions desiring to train 15 or more persons are encouraged to contact CC! and explore the option of a contracted on-site training.
CHARACTER COUNTS! Schools. Individual schools or school districts seeking designation as a certified CHARACTER COUNTS! school or district must enroll at least 10% of teachers and counselors within the first 12 months of implementation. (See requirements for certification as a CC! school or district here).
Included Materials and Services. In order to facilitate rapid school and district-wide implementations and enhance effectiveness and sustainability, CC! provides each school-based enrollee with a package of materials and services. These resources are included in the cost of tuition. Additional services and materials are provided to schools enrolling at least 3 persons.
- Each Enrollee will receive: 1) Printed workbook and electronic file of PowerPoint slides used in the training, 2) The Good Ideas Book containing more than 250 lesson plans ($29.99 value), 2) Printed copy of the Model Standards for Academic, Social, Emotional, and Character Development ($3.99 value ), 3) 16 x 20 poster ($14.99). Total Value of Package Included in Tuition: $48.97
- Each School Enrolling at least 3 persons will receive: In addition to the packages provided each enrollee, institutions enrolling at least three or more persons will receive: 1) baseline and impact surveys and reports for each school ($799.99 value), and 2) a set of 12 street signs – one for each of the 6 Pillars of character and the 6 success skills ($119.99 value). Additional Value of Institutional Package: $919.98.
- 1 person: $699 (includes individual package worth $48.97)
- Team of 3: $1,899 ($633 each – includes individual package for for each enrollee and additional school package worth $919.98)
- Team of 5; $2,999 ($599 each – includes individual package for for each enrollee and additional school package worth $919.98) – each additional enrollee $599.
Scheduled Open Enrollment Courses
February 2018 (precise dates and location to be determined)
June – July 2018 (precise dates and location to be determined)
Los Angeles, CA
San Antonio, TX
St. Augustine, FLA
October 2018 (precise dates and location to be determined)
Contact: tel: 310-846-4800 or 800-711-2670