Attendance, Cancellation and Rollover Policy
If you are unable to attend a seminar for which you have registered, you can choose to cancel your registration, “roll over” your tuition to a future seminar or substitute another member of your organization in place of the original participant. The following policies apply:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you should need to cancel your registration at any time, the following rules apply:
- A $100 cancellation fee applies for notice given more than three weeks before the session start date.
- A $200 cancellation fee applies for notice given less than three weeks before the session start date.
- No refund will be given after the seminar begins. Sudden illness or a family death, of course, would exempt you from the no-refund policy.
- Registrations paid by credit card can only be refunded by issuing a credit back to the card that was used for payment.
- The Institute will not accept payments from any credit card that is “rented” by a customer from a credit organization.
- In the rare event a seminar is cancelled, Character Counts Service Corporation will give registered participants the option of rolling over their prepaid tuition to a future course or having their prepaid tuition refunded in full. No fees apply to refunds or rollovers due to seminar cancellations. If a registered participant has purchased an airline ticket prior to the date of cancellation, Josephson Institute will provide reimbursement of up to $150 for the individual’s airline ticket change fee.
If you should need to roll over your registration to a future seminar, the following rules apply:
- Registrants have one year from the date of their originally confirmed course date to use their rollover.
- Once a participant requests a rollover, he or she may no longer request a tuition refund.
- No registrant may roll over a registration fee more than two (2) times. After a second rollover, no refund will be given.
- A $25 rollover fee applies for notice given more than three weeks before the seminar start date.
- A $100 rollover fee applies for notice given less than three weeks before the seminar start date.
- No rollover will be given after the seminar begins. Sudden illness or a family death, of course, would exempt you from the no-rollover policy, and we would place you in our next available course.
- No fee applies for substituting an original participant for another member of an organization.
ATTENDANCE POLICY (for certification in 3-day seminars)
Due to the intensity and complexity of the seminar experience, those who miss more than two hours of the seminar will not receive certification. The material presented on the last day of training will be especially crucial as you prepare to implement CHARACTER COUNTS! in your school or community. As a result, participants who miss any seminar time after lunch on day 3 will not receive certification. Please make sure your travel arrangements allow you to remain at the seminar until the end of course instruction on the third day.
For more information about the Attendance, Cancellation, and Rollover Policies or to notify CHARACTER COUNTS! of a rollover, cancellation or participant substitution, please contact our Educational Programs Department at 800-711-2670 or email@example.com.