If your character education initiative has made a difference, don’t keep it under wraps. Apply for the Character Education Partnership’s 2013 Promising Practices in Character Education, a national recognition program.
The Character Education Partnership (CEP), a national advocacy organization with which CHARACTER COUNTS! is affiliated, seeks specific practices or aspects of your school’s program that other schools may learn from and perhaps replicate. If your school is currently implementing CHARACTER COUNTS!, it is a candidate for this program.
The application deadline is March 17, 2013.
Past Promising Practice topics have included:
- Teaching/Learning of Core Values
- Service to Community
- Student Autonomy/Empowerment
“When people share their practices in character education, students, educators and communities all win,” said Mark Hyatt, President & CEO of the Character Education Partnership. “We are excited to receive applications for 2013 in order to highlight those who have used character education to improve students’ lives.”
Promising Practices benefits include:
- National recognition at CEP’s annual conference, the National Forum on Character Education
- Inclusion in CEP’s searchable online database of Promising Practices for 3 years (one webpage per winning practice) as well as the annual NSOC magazine
- Free members-only resources such as CEP newsletter, Forum discounts/scholarships, webinars and more
To learn more about implementing CHARACTER COUNTS! 4.0 at your school, visit here.