Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different outcome.
– Chinese proverb
- If this proverb is true, what’s the best way to avoid insanity?
- Think about a recent setback or failure you experienced. What would you do differently if you were put in the same situation again?
- Why do you think people often choose the same decision again and again?
- How could you encourage a friend to make a different choice or to recognize the bad patterns in the choices they make?
- Think of a situation where you made basically the same decision more than once, and it turned out badly both times. What caused you to keep making that decision?
- If you could go back to the point before you made the decision the second time, what advice would you give yourself?
- What poor decisions have you seen those around you make?
- How can you learn from their mistakes and not have to make them yourself?