STUDENT ENGAGEMENT EXPERIENCES
Students demonstrate full engagement in their learning by: 1) being organized; 2) coming to class prepared; 3) attending all classes; 4) being punctual; 5) being attentive; 6) participating in class; 7) taking good notes; 8) asking for help; 9) completing all assignments; 10) establishing a study routine; 11) using a planner or calendar; and 12) taking care of themselves (e.g., good diet, adequate sleep, exercise, and a healthy life style).
I will be a better student if I act on the following beliefs:
- I will do better in school and life if I become engaged sincerely and fully in the learning process.
- There are 13 things you can do to demonstrate your engagement and assure your success;
- I will be organized
- I will come to class prepared
- I will attend all classes
- I will be punctual in coming to class and completing my assignment.
- I will pay attention
- I will remember and follow the teacher’s directions.
- I will participate in class by speaking up and doing what I’m asked to do.
- I will take good notes that will help me study later
- I will ask for help when I need it.
- I will complete my assignments promptly and without procrastination.
- I will set and follow a study routine that works for me.
- I will keep track of my responsibilities by using a planner or calendar
- I will take good care of myself by eating nutritious foods, getting adequate sleep, exercising and avoiding all unhealthy substances.
- Reflect on how the presence or absence of each of the 13 ways of showing engagement is likely to affect your success or reputation.