20 Jul Wheel Four: School Climate
The fourth and final wheel of success focuses on a positive culture which consists of five components. School Climate outcomes embodied in the climate dimension of the CHARACTER COUNTS! 5.0 Student Development Workshop (SDW) addresses all essential dimensions of the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program.
- The objective of this aspect of the CHARACTER COUNTS! 5.0 Student Development Workshop (SDW) is to help achieve:
- A welcoming and accessible environment.
- Respectful, positive and supportive relationships.
- Clean, fair and consistently implemented rules and policies.
- A culture of excellence through high expectations set upon students and staff.
- A growth mindset amongst students and staff.
- Engagement amongst student and belief in ownership for their environment and each other.
- Parental involvement and connectedness.
- Teacher input, assessments and accountability.